Make a Bequest
Bequest to the Sargood Foundation
You can help make a difference for people living with spinal cord injury by simply including The Foundation in your will.
A will is a legal document and we strongly recommend that any change you wish to make be done in consultation with your solicitor. You can make a bequest in different ways:
- Leave a specific sum of money.
- Leave specific items, property, stocks and shares.
- Leave the residual. This is what remains in your estate after specific gifts to loved ones and any costs have been distributed.
- Leave a specific percentage of the residue of your estate.
- Leave the whole estate. This involves your entire estate and is usually gifted by people without other beneficiaries.
Suggested Wording for Your Will
I (your name) give, devise and bequeath to the Sargood Foundation in the state of New South Wales, Australia, charity registration number CFN 22611, charity ABN number 159830314 for its general purposes (note here a specific sum / specific items / the residue of my estate / a specific percentage of the residue of my estate / the whole of my estate) free of all duties, and I direct that the receipt from the Director or other duly authorised officer shall be a sufficient discharge to my executor(s).
Contact the Sargood Foundation
The contents of your will are private and the Sargood Foundation is grateful for any bequest regardless of the amount. However knowing your plans will help us plan for the future and it will also allow us to thank you for such a special gift. If you have any questions please do contact us on 02 9984 1100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.